Friday, November 19, 2010

A little first grade writing to make you smile...


We had parent teacher conferences on Tuesday evening, and Evan's teacher was giving us the run down on how he's doing. Owen was sitting with us, flipping through Evan's journal. He came to this page, his eyes got really big and you could tell he couldn't wait to show it to us and totally bust his little brother.


In case you have trouble with deciphering first grade writing, let me help you out.

I want a naked dance party. I like naked. I like dancing.

As Zack and I read through it, I was biting back laughter, while Zack was putting on his 'stern dad' face. His teacher said she was hoping we wouldn't notice that page (she didn't want him to get in trouble). Zack had words with Evan about writing about 'appropriate' topics. So if you happen to bump into Evan, don't mention this. We don't want to encourage this sort of thing. We just want to giggle about it where he can't hear us. And I promise there is no naked dancing going on around here. That would be downright frightening.



This one is completely appropriate AND completely adorable! It's a riddle about what their Halloween costume is.


It has red on it. It has 5 pistols. I have vittles to eat. I kill varmints. I use my red rope to lasso cattle. I ride a shiny, fast, black horse and I wash his fur everyday. Who am I?

It's cowboy Evan!



1 comment:

  1. I so love his naked dance party! And all those plump happy people! I love all his clues for the cowboy, too: vittles! varmints! washing his horse's fur every day!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Talk...