Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Do Not Drive or Operate Machinery

OK. So today, I am not grumpy. I am sooo tired and just a little bit loopy from the 'happy medicine' (anesthesiologist's word, not mine) that I got this morning. This particular procedure did not require a general anesthetic. Instead, they explained that I would be given something to relax me. I was slightly concerned with this arrangement, because when my body is 'relaxed', my lips tend to be 'relaxed' as well. I end up saying things that embarrass me as well as those near my relaxed lips. Turns out I was actually heavily sedated and slept through most of the surgery. What a relief! Dodged some potential embarrassment at my follow up visit next week.

[Small town side note - I actually know the anesthesiologist on a personal level]

If you missed #8 in yesterday's post, I had outpatient surgery to 'remove' (the icky word they use is 'strip') a varicose vein in my thigh. Said vein has been getting uglier, bulgier and owier since I was pregnant with Owen (8+ years ago).

My hope is that I can wear shorts next summer, and when I wear a swimsuit at the pool or lake, my dearest children will not stab me through the heart with comments like, "Ewww! Mom! What is that blue bumpy thing on your leg?". That's not too much to hope for, is it?

Also, the nurse told me that I shouldn't drive for 24 hours. When I told her that I had planned to take Riley to hockey this evening, she said I'd better not because it could cost me a DUI and several thousand dollars. I guess I better find him a ride that isn't under the influence of 'happy medicine'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Talk...