Monday, October 25, 2010

Should I make it Permanent?

So... I have confession to make. I've been posing as a single lady now for about 4 months. No, I haven't been trying to pick up guys at the bar, or hitting the dating websites. I have no desire to relive that particular part of my life! I've just been living life without a ring on my finger.

It's not that I have a problem with the idea of a 'ring'. I sort of like the idea of Zack and I 'marking our territory', so to speak. It sure beats peeing on each other. I've always worn my ring 24/7... less chance to lose it if I never take it off. As the weight started to come off this last spring, it started to feel loose. By summer if I would wave my hand around or point excitedly at something, it would go flying. But I just kept wearing it. Well, one morning a few months back I got out of bed in the morning and was immediately overcome with a wave of panic. My ring was not on my finger. After a frantic search of the bed, I found it nestled between the blankets. I stopped wearing it that same day.

I had intended to go and get a ring guard to temporarily adjust the sizing, but I never got around to it. I also talked about getting it sized down to fit my finger, but was hesitant to do something that 'permanent'. What if I gain some weight back, and it's too small. Then I wonder if that kind of attitude is just a way to leave myself an out to gain back a little weight. If I really have made a life change, and plan to stick with the changes, then I shouldn't be worried. Right? I feel like I've made a life change, but the permanence of sizing it down frankly worries me a little. I guess it's just that FEAR showing itself again.

What do you think, friends? Should I leave myself an out... or should I just go for it?


1 comment:

Let's Talk...