Saturday, February 6, 2010

Just a little "self-reflection"

I never thought I would be a blogger. As a matter of fact, I have given my husband a lot of grief over the last year or so about how much time he spends on his blogs (yes, that's plural... there are 3 of them). He has always claimed that they help him grow professionally. Ever the intellectual, he loves to use the term "self-reflection". Listen, I have 5 children who are, by my own admission, over-scheduled... who has time for self-reflection? Well, as it so happens I feel like I am at a transitional phase in my life. We have decided that our family is complete, and taken permanent steps to ensure that it remains that way. While a part of my heart aches with the idea that I will never hold my own newborn in my arms again and marvel at how much he looks like his siblings (because yes, it WOULD be another boy and yes they all seem to look remarkably similar), my intellect tells me it's time to move on into another season of my life... and time to make some changes. The type of change I want in my life... the type that is permanent and positive... requires that "self-reflection" thing that my intellectual husband is always yammering on about.

1 comment:

  1. Hey hot bloggin' momma! You sure have given your husband a lot of grief. Though I may have 3 blogs, I certainly don't post to them as often as I'd like. Maybe if you post frequently to yours, I'll feel a little competitive and start posting more frequently to mine. Maybe we need to get Facebook to post our high scores for posts in a week! I guess I'd better stop "yammering". Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Talk...