Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Memories are all we have

I will miss the Grandma of my youth. The Grandma who traveled the world. The Grandma who loved to read and learn and teach. I will miss watching her laugh as she danced around the room to Irish jigs. I will miss the songs she sang to me. I will miss watching her love my babies.


The Grandma of my youth has been gone for some time. She was taken from us little by little, piece by piece. We watched as dementia stole her life... for what is life without memories? Today her body has left this world, but her mind has been leaving us for years.

She has left us some treasures... not money or jewels or heirlooms. She has left us her heart... it lives on in her children, and their children, and even
their children. One need only look at the wonderful people that she had a part in creating to see what a blessing her life has been.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Talk...